Throughout the course of the Apprenticeship, the MAMW Department desires the student to focus on methodizing contextualized, effective communication of biblical and theological truth, through one’s art, by a variety of means for personal and corporate transformation.
Because I desire to grow in effective communication of Biblical and theological truths, I will:
- Blog regularly my experiences with Linda focusing on the theme of “receive”.
- Execute learning tools during my time with Rebecca.
- Build my website platform through blogposts, social media posts, and a monthly newsletter.
- Submit devotional content to YouVersion.
In order to execute these goals effectively I have broken them down into the following weekly, monthly, and semester goals:
- One blog post per month.
- Bi-weekly interactions listening to previous recorded podcasts, lessons on building a recording “studio”, proper editing, and promotion best practices.
- One blog post per month (in addition to Linda blog), 2-3 social posts per week, monthly newsletter distributed.
- Submit Christmas devo in the fall and Easter devo in the spring.
The following books will assist in the process of these goals:
- Discovering God Through the Arts by Terry Glaspey
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Make Noise: A Creator’s Guide to Podcasting and Great Audio Storytelling by Eric Nuzum.
- Culture Care by Makoto Fujimura
- Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose by Flannery O’Connor
In addition, I will use the following resources:
- Content calendar
- Social Media Scheduling Software
I will know that I was successful in these learning endeavors based on the following semester goals:
- 6 blog posts about my experiences with art.
- 2 quality podcast episodes recorded and published.
- 6 newsletters sent, weekly posting to social media and
- Devotional for Christmas and Easter submitted with either a “no thank you” or a published date procured.
Blog, Podcast, Publications, E-newletters